Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Behind the Scenes with Literacy and Math Ideas: Creating Illustrations for a Book


Writing and illustrating stories are passions of mine.  About two years ago, I wrote a story for the Common Core Close Reading Stories bundle.  One story was about two children that travel through time.  I received a lot of positive feedback about the stories and have wanted to create more stories to show what happened next to Raybeth and Charlie.  I am now writing my third story for the series, but first, I want to illustrate the previous stories.

Most of the time, I draw my own illustrations for each of my products.  This time, I asked my 11-year-old daughter to do the illustrations.  This is a rough draft of part of the storyboard that she created.  She is a natural at art.

After completing the rough sketches, she filled in details to accompany the story line.
I am not sure if I want to use Adobe Illustrator to paint the final draft or use illustrator.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment