Sunday, September 15, 2013

Middle School Common Core Close Reading and Writing



My students are learning how to closely read text.  This is one of the central goals of the Common Core Standards. Closely reading involves not only highlighting information, but writing down your thinking about the text too.  This helps students become actively engaged with what they are reading. These are images of my middle school level close reading passages. They include a rubric, annotated teaching notes, and a sample exemplar.  For more information about them Click Here







2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I am wondering if you are accepting new contributors to your collaborative Pinterest board "Teaching Ideas/Teaching Resources". If you are, I would love to be considered. My Pinterest URL is www.pinterest.com/FirstGradeKate. Thanks!

    - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, tried to email you directly but couldn't locate email address. Is there a way I can email or you could email me learninengineer at gmai l dot com

    ReplyDelete