Saturday, June 29, 2013

Interactive Common Core Reading Journals: Teaching Genre RL.5

I know this post is long overdue.  There are literally a ton of interactive journal pictures on my camera from this past school year that I did not get a chance to post.  My goal is to post them this summer to get everyone caught up on the activities that students completed this past school year.  



Just like the other journal entries, this one is a reference sheet for students to use to remember the different characteristics of genres (Common Core Standard RL.5).  As we learned the different genres, students recorded the characteristics of each one on the underside of each folding tab.  I begin each lesson with a example of what the notes should look like.  Then, students were handed paper and glue (if needed) to attach everything to their journal pages.




Click Here Grade 5 Text Structure Activity Cards





No comments:

Post a Comment