Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Next Generation Science Standards (Teaching Ecology)


This is a recent picture that I took with my Nikon zoom lens.  I deeply love nature and history and enjoy going behind the scenes with archaeologists, marine biologists, and other researchers to deeply understand concepts. The Next Generation Science Standards give me an extra reason to get up and close with animals, something that I already loved to do.

The Next Generation Science Standards' goal is to assist students with understanding the relationship between events that occur in nature and really probe students to think deeply.

For several months, I have been working on an ecology unit that I want to use with students.  These are the task cards that go along with the unit.  They are mostly geared for students in fifth grade all the way through high school.  Click Here To Access Them

Soon, I will be showing pictures of my science experiments that have been completed with students and will share illustrated science project ideas that can be done in the classroom.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment